Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dream Elements From Which I Awoke (and The Songs That Accompanied Them)

Where did all this ectoplasm come from?
(All that she wants / is another baby / she's gone tomorrow boy)

Wait a second, this canoe is underwater...
(We didn't start the fire / it was always burnin' since the world's been turnin')

Dear God, will this burning hallway ever end?
(Momma's little baby loves shortnin' shortnin' / Mamma's little baby loves shortnin' bread)

Everyone around me is suddenly holographic...
(I will do most anything that you want me to x2 / But I can't go for that, no, no-can-do x4)

This house is enormous and beautiful, I wonder who lives here?
(Ooh I want to be there in my city / Oh, Oh, Whoa...)

This woman's grip feels like ice...
(In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair...)

What happened to the ground? Ah, crap, I am so totally falling!
(These eyes cry every night / for you / these arms long to hold you / hold you again)

This elephant is way easier to ride than I thought it would be!
(Get up (get on up) x2 / stay on the scene (get on up) / like a sex machine (get on up))

My doppelganger is chasing me and he's got a knife!
(You wore out your welcome / with random precision / blown on the steel breeze)

Am I really the only one at this reunion that's naked?
(Georgia / Georgia, no peace I find / just an old sweet song / keeps Georgia on my mind)

Why is this supermarket outside?
(I don't care if Monday's blue / Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too / Thursday I don't care about you)

Aw shit, I'm late for work again!
(God go make me act a fool (up in here x2) / God go make me lose my cool (up in here x2)

No comments: